About Nicole Kruegel
Nicole Kruegel is an attorney in the law firm of Domnick Cunningham & Whalen. Her practice is dedicated to pursuing justice for victims of catastrophic injury and wrongful death, primarily in the areas of medical negligence and nursing home abuse and has obtained numerous six and seven-figure settlements for her clients.
- The Florida Bar
- Diversity Committee (2018 – Present)
- Admiralty Law Committee (2014 to present)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Secretary, Palm Beach Chapter (2020-2021)
- Sponsorship Director (2018-2019)
- Chair, Mentoring Committee, Palm Beach Chapter (2017-2018)
- Legislative Committee and Informed Voters Project Committee (2016-2017)
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Litigating and Leading Through Crisis CLE Committee (2020)
- Women Trial Lawyers Caucus Leadership Summit Committee (2019-2020)
- Florida Justice Association
- Board of Director, Women’s Caucus (2020-2021)
- At Large Director, Women’s Caucus (2018-2020)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Chair, Personal Injury & Wrongful Death CLE Committee (2020)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 – Civil Plaintiff (2020)
- Elected as Secretary of the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Top 40 under 40 – National Trial Lawyers (2018-2020)
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2017-2018, 2020)
- Lecturer: “Technology and the Use of Exhibits in Remote Depositions,” Palm Beach County Justice Association Webinar (2020)
- Lecturer: “Tactics to Use in Virtual Mediation & Settlement,” AAJ Amped Up (2020)
- Lecturer: “Technology and Use of Exhibits in Remote Depositions,” Palm Beach County Justice Association (2020)
- Lecturer: “Audit Trails: Who Put What in The Record and When Did They Do It?” DCW Hospital Liability Seminar (2019)
- Lecturer: “Medical records retrieval and review,” Palm Beach County Justice Association Business of Law Seminar (2018)
- “Understaffing in Florida Nursing Homes: The Case for Punitive Damages,” Briefings, Vol. 17, Issue 2 (2015)
“Great firm and great people, they handle tough cases and get results. What more can one ask for a Trial firm, oh yeah, client care. Well they excel there as well.”
- Ed N.
The Legal Journey
Ms. Kruegel is the current Secretary of the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers. She is committed to the FAWL mission, and passionate about promoting women in her local community. Ms. Kruegel also plays an active role in the Florida Justice Association and has served on the Women’s Caucus Board of Directors since 2018. She has a passion for lobbying on behalf of her clients to ensure their constitutional rights are protected at the state and federal level. Ms. Kruegel is an active member of the American Association for Justice and has traveled across the country helping the organization in its mission to promote a fair and effective justice system. She is currently serving on the AAJ Women Trial Lawyers Caucus Leadership Summit Committee.
Ms. Kruegel graduated in 2010 from Florida International University, magna cum laude, with a degree in English Literature and a Certificate in Law, Ethics, and Society. She was the recipient of the College of Arts and Sciences Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement.
In 2012, Ms. Kruegel received her law degree from the University of Miami School of Law, magna cum laude. She graduated a full semester early, was on the Dean’s from 2011 through 2012, and was elected to The Order of the Coif. While in law school, she was the Admiral of the Maritime Law Society, the Articles and Comments Editor for the International and Comparative Law Review, a member of the Psychology, Public Policy, and Law Journal, and a competing member of the Trial Team.
Ms. Kruegel was admitted to practice in Florida in 2013. Ms. Kruegel has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as Top 40 Under 40 and by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star. She is a member of The Florida Bar, Palm Beach County Bar Association, Palm Beach County Justice Association, American Association for Justice, Florida Justice Association, and the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
Florida Bar, 2013
Tennessee Bar, 2020
Colorado Bar, 2021
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2013
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2014
U.S. Supreme Court, 2019
Florida International University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2010
University of Miami School of Law J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2012
DCW attorneys Nicole Kruegel, Chris Caproni and Michelle DeLong have been selected for the 2020 National Trial Lawyers – Civil Plaintiff: Top 40 under 40 list. Ms. Kruegel and Ms. DeLong are past recipients of this honor;
DCW shareholder Jeanmarie Whalen and attorney Nicole Kruegel spoke last week at the American Association for Justice Amped Up Virtual Event. This year, the annual convention looked a little different as it was held through using zoom, a virtual video platform, due to the impact of the coronavirus and the health risk physical conventions now hold.
DCW Attorney Nicole Kruegel will serve as the Chair of the Personal Injury and Wrongful Death CLE Committee for the Palm Beach County Bar Association. The mission of this committee is to provide continuous…
Attorney Nicole Kruegel lectured at the Palm Beach County Justice Association’s webinar on Wednesday, July 1st.
DCW attorney Nicole Kruegel was recently elected as the Secretary of the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL).
Matthew Christ and Nicole Kruegel, attorneys at the law firm…
Domnick Cunningham & Whalen attorneys Sean Domnick, Greg Yaffa and Nicole Kruegel lectured during the…
Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team…
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained…