About Michelle DeLong
Michelle Nichols DeLong is an attorney with the law firm of Domnick Cunningham & Whalen. Ms. DeLong devotes her practice primarily to representing victims of birth injury, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, medical negligence and nursing home abuse.
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 – Civil Plaintiff (2019, 2020)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 25 – Medical Malpractice (2020)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2020-2021)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating, Martindale Hubble (2019)
- FJA Rising Star Award (2019)
- American Bar Association First Place Winner of the Mendes Hershman Award (2014)
- Pro Bono Award: Silver Pro Bono Award (2014)
- High Grade Award: Civil Procedure (2012)
- Red Pen Award Recipient (4x)
- The Florida Bar
- Code & Rules of Evidence Committee (2021 – 2022)
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Palm Beach County Chapter, (2013 – Present)
- Co-Chair of Membership, Palm Beach County Chapter (2018 – 2019)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association (2012 – Present)
- Law Week Committee (2018 – 2019)
- Professionalism Committee (2018 – 2019
- Chair, Editorial Board Subcommittee
- Florida Justice Association
- Board of Directors (2020 – 2022)
- Immediate Past Chair, Women’s Caucus (2020)
- Chair, Women’s Caucus (2019)
- Secretary, Women’s Caucus (2018)
- Executive Women of the Palm Beaches
- Co-Chair of 34th Women in Leadership Awards (2015 – 2018)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Statewide)
- Co-Chair of FAWL Journal, State Chapter, (2016 – 2017)
- Craig S. Barnard, American Inns of Court (2012 –2013) (2016 – 2017)
- Lecturer: “DCW Attorney and Chief Strategy Officer Present at the 2021 FJA Annual Convention,” Florida Justice Association Annual Convention (2021)
- Lecturer: “Firm Branding, Managing and Promoting Your Firm Image,” Florida Justice Association Annual Convention (2021)
- Lecturer: “Navigating NICA – What to do When You Want to Get Out,” Florida Justice Association Annual Convention (2020)
- Program Co-Chair: “Advanced Trial Skills Seminar,” Florida Justice Association Annual Convention (2019)
- “Inadvertent Disclosures: The Professional and Ethical Way to Handle Them,” Palm Beach County Bar Bulletin (January 2018).
- A Closer Look at the Mandatory Victims Restitution Act and Whether the Costs of a Corporation’s Independent Internal Investigation Should Be Included in a Criminal Defendant’s Mandatory Restitution Order, 70 BUS. LAW. 465 (Spring 2015).
- 100+ Women Who Care, North Palm Beach County Chapter (2017 – Present)
- The University of Memphis Alternative Spring Break, Memphis, TN Human Trafficking Legislation Team, March 2012
“I have to say that Michelle DeLong with the firm made my situation with my dad’s case easier to bear. She is a true professional that keeps her clients inform, extremely competent, is very helpful, follows up quickly, and adds a humanity that you seldom see in today’s world. I would highly recommend the firm to anyone in need of their services. Thank you Michelle from the bottom of my heart!”
- Relative of Personal Injury Client
The Legal Journey
Michelle DeLong is an attorney with the law firm of Domnick Cunningham & Whalen located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. She joined the firm in 2017 and has since concentrated her practice on medical malpractice and nursing home negligence cases. She has been successful in advocating and obtaining six-figure and seven-figure settlements for her clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries or wrongful death.
Before attending law school, Ms. DeLong obtained her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Marketing from the University of Florida in 2005. After graduating, she worked in various sales, marketing, and management roles for nationwide well-known retail brands. Ms. DeLong attended law school at Nova Southeastern University and graduated magna cum laude in 2014. As a student, she was a member of the Nova Law Review and was awarded several merit scholarships. In 2014, Ms. DeLong was the First Place Winner of the ABA Mendes Hershman Student Writing Contest for her law review article, “A Closer Look at the Mandatory Victims Restitution Act and Whether the Costs of a Corporation’s Independent Internal Investigations Should Be Included in a Criminal Defendant’s Mandatory Restitution Order.” The Article’s Abstract was later published in The Business Lawyer, Spring 2015 edition.
Prior to joining Domnick Cunningham & Whalen, Ms. DeLong worked with a large Florida-based firm where she gained invaluable experience prosecuting complex commercial litigation matters exclusively in federal courts across the nation. Ms. DeLong has also litigated a broad range of business and personal injury matters in Florida state and federal courts.
Ms. DeLong is an active Board Member of the Florida Justice Association (FJA). She currently serves as the Vice-Chair of the Medical Malpractice Committee and is a Past Chair of the Women’s Caucus (2019–2020). In 2019, she was recognized as FJA’s Rising Star, an award given to those who show exemplary promise as a future leader in the association. Ms. DeLong was awarded the FJA Shoe Leather Award for her legislative efforts in the 2019 legislative session. She continues to advocate for her clients’ and Florida citizens’ rights by actively participating in the legislative process through bill drafting and lobbying with the FJA.
Ms. DeLong is an active member in other professional associations as well. Recently, Ms. DeLong was appointed to serve on the Florida Bar’s Code & Rules of Evidence Committee for the 2021–2022 year. She has also served in past leadership roles and on various committees for the State and Palm Beach County Chapters of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Executive Women of the Palm Beaches, and the Palm Beach County Bar Association. Ms. DeLong’s involvement and success have led her to be recognized and honored by national organizations, including Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021); Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2020); and The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 for Civil Plaintiff (2019).
Florida Bar, 2014
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2014
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2014
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2015
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2016
University of Florida, B.S., Cum Laude, 2005
Nova Southeastern University, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2014
Domnick Cunningham & Whalen is pleased to announce all four Shareholders: Sean Domnick, Fred Cunningham, Jeanmarie Whalen, and Gregory M. Yaffa, were included in the 2021 Florida Super Lawyers list.
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (June 16, 2021) – DCW attorney Michelle DeLong and Chief Strategy Officer Natasha Diemer were both featured speakers at the Florida Justice Association’s 2021 Annual Convention. They both co-presented on the topic, “Firm Branding, Managing and Promoting Your Firm Image.”
Domnick Cunningham & Whalen is proud to announce our four shareholders Fred Cunningham, Sean Domnick, Jeanmarie Whalen, Greg Yaffa, and DCW attorney Michelle DeLong have been featured in the first edition of The Best Lawyers: Injury and Malpractice Issue.
DCW attorneys Nicole Kruegel, Chris Caproni and Michelle DeLong have been selected for the 2020 National Trial Lawyers – Civil Plaintiff: Top 40 under 40 list. Ms. Kruegel and Ms. DeLong are past recipients of this honor;
Domnick Cunningham & Whalen is proud to announce all four Shareholders have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 list. Fred A. Cunningham, Sean C. Domnick, Jeanmarie Whalen, and Gregory M. Yaffa were each recognized for Plaintiff Personal Injury Litigation. Mr. Domnick was also selected for the Medical Malpractice Law category.
FJA is an organization that is dedicated to defending the rights of Florida citizens and consumers. Ms. DeLong has been extremely involved in FJA over the years and was recognized in 2019 with the FJA Rising Star Award. She is currently outgoing Chair of the Women’s Caucus and will continue to serve…
Michelle DeLong is a plaintiff trial attorney with a practice focused primarily on representing victims of catastrophic personal injury and medical malpractice. She currently serves as Chair of the…
This rating signifies that a large number of the lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills…
The Rising Star award is presented to an individual who is committed to…
Ms. DeLong’s leadership is a reflection of her work ethic…