About Michelle DeLong
Michelle Nichols DeLong is an attorney with the law firm of Domnick Cunningham & Whalen. Ms. DeLong devotes her practice primarily to representing victims of catastrophic injury, wrongful death, medical negligence and nursing home abuse.
- University of Florida, B.S., Cum Laude, 2005
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2014
- Dean’s Certificate of Professionalism
- Nova Law Review
- Assistant Managing Technical Editor, 2014
- Alumni Relations Editor, 2013–2014
- Junior Associate, 2012–2013
- Shepard Broad Law Center Merit Scholar, 2012–2014
- Carolyn Rubin Law Endowment, 2012–2014
- Law Alumni Association Scholarship Recipient, 2013
- Kaye Bender Rembaum Scholarship Recipient, 2013
- Florida Bar Foundation Public Service Fellow, 2012
- Rebecca Knox Public Interest Law Summer Fellow, 2012
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 – Civil Plaintiff (2019, 2020)
- National Trial Lawyers Top 25 – Medical Malpractice (2020)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” (2020)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating, Martindale Hubble (2019)
- FJA Rising Star Award (2019)
- American Bar Association First Place Winner of the Mendes Hershman Award (2014)
- Pro Bono Award: Silver Pro Bono Award (2014)
- High Grade Award: Civil Procedure (2012)
- Red Pen Award Recipient (4x)
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Palm Beach County Chapter), 2013–Present
- Co-Chair of Membership, Palm Beach County Chapter, 2018–2019
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, 2012–Present
- Law Week Committee, 2018–2019
- Professionalism Committee, 2018–2019
- Chair, Editorial Board Subcommittee
- Florida Justice Association
- Board of Directors (2020-2022)
- Immediate Past Chair, Women’s Caucus (2020)
- Chair, Women’s Caucus (2019)
- Secretary, Women’s Caucus (2018)
- Executive Women of the Palm Beaches
- Co-Chair of 34th Women in Leadership Awards (2017), 2015–2018
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Statewide)
- Co-Chair of FAWL Journal, State Chapter, 2016–2017
- Craig S. Barnard, American Inns of Court, 2012–2013, 2016–2017
- “Inadvertent Disclosures: The Professional and Ethical Way to Handle Them,” Palm Beach County Bar Bulletin (January 2018).
- A Closer Look at the Mandatory Victims Restitution Act and Whether the Costs of a Corporation’s Independent Internal Investigation Should Be Included in a Criminal Defendant’s Mandatory Restitution Order, 70 BUS. LAW. 465 (Spring 2015).
- 100+ Women Who Care (North Palm Beach County Chapter), 2017–Present
- The University of Memphis Alternative Spring Break, Memphis, TN Human Trafficking Legislation Team, March 2012
- Lecturer: “Navigating NICA – What to do When You Want to Get Out,” Florida Justice Association Annual Convention (2020)
- Program Co-Chair: “Advanced Trial Skills Seminar,” Florida Justice Association Annual Convention (2019)
“I have to say that Michelle DeLong with the firm made my situation with my dad’s case easier to bear. She is a true professional that keeps her clients inform, extremely competent, is very helpful, follows up quickly, and adds a humanity that you seldom see in today’s world. I would highly recommend the firm to anyone in need of their services. Thank you Michelle from the bottom of my heart!”
- Relative of Personal Injury Client
The Legal Journey
Since she entered the plaintiff practice Ms. DeLong has dedicated herself to political and legislative advocacy on behalf of the consumers of our state. During the 2018 election cycle, she volunteered her time to canvass neighborhoods and served as part of the state’s election protection program. During the 2019 legislative session, she traveled to Tallahassee to lobby, and spent countless hours reviewing and editing bills, and conducting research on medical malpractice issues.
Ms. DeLong plays an active role in the Florida Justice Association, a state-wide organization for trial lawyers, and will be sworn in as the Chair-Elect of the Women’s Caucus in June 2019. She has a passion for lobbying on behalf of her clients to ensure their constitutional rights are protected at the state level. Additionally, Ms. DeLong is a Board Member of FAWL and the current Co-Director of Sponsorship for the local Palm Beach County Chapter. Ms. DeLong is committed to the FAWL mission, and passionate about promoting reformation of the law to ensure that women are treated fairly and equally in the legal profession. Ms. DeLong also enjoys being an active member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s Professionalism Committee, where she has chaired the subcommittee for professionalism articles in the monthly bulletins. Her dedication to promoting women in her local community includes service as Co-Chair for the 34th Women In Leadership Awards (WILA), an annual luncheon that identifies and honors four exceptional women leaders in Palm Beach County each year and raises money to fund scholarships for deserving women. She is also a member of the North Palm Beach County Chapter of 100+ Women Who Care.
Ms. DeLong obtained her law degree from Nova Southeastern University and graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Ms. DeLong earned several merit-based scholarships and was named the first place winner of the annual ABA Mendes Hershman Student Writing Contest for her law review article, “A Closer Look at the Mandatory Victims Restitution Act and Whether the Costs of a Corporation’s Independent Internal Investigations Should Be Included in a Criminal Defendant’s Mandatory Restitution Order.” Ms. DeLong was also a member of the Nova Law Review. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with a major in Marketing from the University of Florida and graduated cum laude.
Before Ms. DeLong obtained her law degree, she worked in sales, marketing, management for a variety of well-known wholesale and retail companies where she gained direct knowledge of the inner workings of the business world. This knowledge has assisted tremendously in her day to day management of her team and also communicating effectively with clients, opposing counsel, and the legal community at large.
Prior to joining Domnick Cunningham & Whalen, Ms. DeLong worked with a large Florida based firm where she gained invaluable experience prosecuting complex commercial litigation matters exclusively in federal courts across the nation. Ms. DeLong has also litigated a broad range of business and personal injury matters in Florida state and federal courts. She is licensed to practice law in Florida and admitted to practice in the Southern, Middle and Northern United States District Courts of Florida.
When Ms. DeLong is not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband and their two boys and engaging in creative activities that involve imagination and challenge.
Florida Bar, 2014
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2014
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2014
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2015
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2016
University of Florida, B.S., Cum Laude, 2005
Nova Southeastern University, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2014
Domnick Cunningham & Whalen is proud to announce our four shareholders Fred Cunningham, Sean Domnick, Jeanmarie Whalen, Greg Yaffa, and DCW attorney Michelle DeLong have been featured in the first edition of The Best Lawyers: Injury and Malpractice Issue.
DCW attorneys Nicole Kruegel, Chris Caproni and Michelle DeLong have been selected for the 2020 National Trial Lawyers – Civil Plaintiff: Top 40 under 40 list. Ms. Kruegel and Ms. DeLong are past recipients of this honor;
Domnick Cunningham & Whalen is proud to announce all four Shareholders have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 list. Fred A. Cunningham, Sean C. Domnick, Jeanmarie Whalen, and Gregory M. Yaffa were each recognized for Plaintiff Personal Injury Litigation. Mr. Domnick was also selected for the Medical Malpractice Law category.
FJA is an organization that is dedicated to defending the rights of Florida citizens and consumers. Ms. DeLong has been extremely involved in FJA over the years and was recognized in 2019 with the FJA Rising Star Award. She is currently outgoing Chair of the Women’s Caucus and will continue to serve…
Michelle DeLong is a plaintiff trial attorney with a practice focused primarily on representing victims of catastrophic personal injury and medical malpractice. She currently serves as Chair of the…
This rating signifies that a large number of the lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills…
The Rising Star award is presented to an individual who is committed to…
Ms. DeLong’s leadership is a reflection of her work ethic…