- Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
- Trucking Litigation
- Catholic University of America, B.A.
- Whittier College School of Law, J.D.
- Florida Bar, 1993
- New York Bar, 1991
- Connecticut Bar, 1991
Jeanmarie Whalen is an experienced civil trial lawyer and shareholder in the law firm of Domnick Cunningham & Whalen. She has a statewide and national practice devoted solely to representing the victims of catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death. Ms. Whalen has litigated complex cases and specializes in trucking, automobile, aviation, maritime, bicycle, as well as motorcycle and pedestrian accidents. She has obtained numerous multi-million dollar recoveries for her clients and earned membership into the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a nationwide forum limited to trial lawyers who have won multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
Ms. Whalen has achieved an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available from the nation’s oldest guide to the legal profession, for her legal ability and ethical standards and has been named a “Top Lawyer” by the South Florida Legal Guide multiple times.
Ms. Whalen is admitted to the Florida Bar, the New York Bar, and the Connecticut Bar. In addition to her successful law practice, she has held several esteemed leadership roles. She currently holds positions in both statewide and national trial lawyer organizations, serving on the Board of Governors of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and the Florida Justice Association and as Vice Chair of AAJ’s Trucking Litigation Group.
She is a past President of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL), Florida’s statewide women’s bar association. She has also served as a two-term President of the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers. Ms. Whalen is a past Chair of the Women’s Caucus of the Florida Justice Association and a past Chair of the Florida Bar Convention. Additionally, she has served as an appointed member to the Florida Bar Grievance Committee, which included service as its’ Chairperson.
Ms. Whalen has been active in establishing a number of seminars and popular legal education programs designed specifically for women lawyers, including the Florida Association for Women Lawyers’ Trial Advocacy Skills seminar series which she chaired for several years. Ms. Whalen has also lectured at various seminars throughout the country for the Florida Justice Association, the American Association for Justice, and various state trial lawyer organizations. She has also authored numerous articles in national and international legal publications.
Ms. Whalen’s other professional associations include the Palm Beach County Justice Association, the National Association of Women Lawyers, the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the National Women’s Political Caucus and the National Association of Female Executives.
In addition to her professional associations and legal service, Ms. Whalen has committed her time and efforts to various community organizations, including serving on the Board of Directors of the Center for Family Services, the Palm Beach County Cultural Council and as an Executive Committee member for the American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” campaign.
Ms. Whalen received her Juris Doctorate from Whittier College School of Law and her undergraduate degree from The Catholic University of America.
- Justice Barbara Pariente Award (2017)
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Trucking Trial Lawyers Association Top 10
- Best Lawyers in America (2018)
- Personal Injury – Plaintiffs
- Florida Super Lawyers (2016-2017)
- South Florida Legal Guide “Top Lawyer” (2012-2017)
- Florida Council of Bar Association Presidents Award (1997, 1998 & 2000)
- American Association for Justice
- Board of Governors (2011 – Present)
- Executive Board, Trucking Litigation Group (2013 – Present)
- Vice Chair, Trucking Litigation Group (2017-2018)
- Secretary, Trucking Litigation Group (2016-2017)
- Secretary, Bus Litigation Group (2017-2018)
- Co-Chair, Election Committee (2016-2018)
- Member, Public Affairs Committee (2017-2019)
- Florida Bar
- Chair, Grievance Committee – 15th Judicial Circuit
- Member – 15th Judicial Circuit
- Florida Justice Association
- Board of Governors (2011 – Present)
- EAGLE Member
- Chair, Women’s Caucus (1996-1997)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Statewide)
- President (1999-2000)
- Board of Directors (1996-2000)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers ( Palm Beach County Chapter)
- President (1996-1998)
- Board of Directors (1994-1996)
- National Association of Female Executives
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- National Women’s Political Caucus
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Lecturer: “Pre-Mediation Preparation,” American Association for Justice Annual Convention (2017)
- Lecturer: “Deposing and Cross-Examining the Truck Driver in the Parked/Stopped/Slowed Truck Case,” AAJ Advanced Trial Advocacy College (2015)
- Lecturer: “Navigating the Trucking Case,” Florida Justice Association (2015)
- Lecturer: “Using Experts in your Trucking Case,” New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar (2015)
- Lecturer: “Preparing the Truck Crash Case For Trial,” Florida Justice Association (2014)
- Lecturer: “Experts: Using Rules To Prove The Tractor Trailer Crash Case,” AAJ Trucking Litigation Seminar (2014)
- Lecturer: “Transportation Litigation,” American Association for Justice Annual Convention (2013)
- Co-Chair, “Hell on the Highways Seminar,” Florida Justice Association (2013)
- Lecturer: “Debunking the Defense Trucking Expert’s Theories,” Florida Justice Association (2012)
- Lecturer: “Conspicuity, Experts & Lighting Up the Reptile,” American Association for Justice (2012)
- Lecturer: “Mediation to the Max,” National Trial Lawyers Association (2012)
- Lecturer: “How to Move an Offer from Good to Great,” 360 Advocacy (2012)
- Lecturer: “Mediation in the New Millennium,” American Association for Justice (2012)
- Lecturer: “Debunking the Defendant’s Trucking Expert’s Theories,” Florida Justice Association Workhorse Seminar (2011)
- “The Mighty Trucking Case,” Trial, February 2011
- “Illuminate Damages with a Video Settlement Brochure,” Trial, April 2012
- Executive Cabinet, American Heart Association Go Red for Women Campaign
- Board of Directors: Palm Beach County Cultural Council
- Board of Directors: Center for Family Services